Sunday, May 6, 2007

Slashdot Article

So I was flipping through the bloglines articles and came across and interesting story.Don Balles, the drummer from the Germ's a punk rock band, was arrested because a field test showed that a bottle of soap he was carrying has GHB in it which is a date rape drug. The liquid soap company has hired a lawyer to defend Don Balles in the case and they discovered that other soaps also tested positive for GHB when using the same kit that was used to test his bottle of soap. This article makes me wonder if I have a soap that would test positive for GHB, which would not be good at all. There was another article linked from thr slashdot website which went into a bit more detail about the event. Apparently Dan Balles was pulled over for having a broken taillight and the cop thought he looked like he was trying to hide a wooden box. This makes me think that I should be extra careful if I get pulled over. Even if there is nothing suspicious in my car, the slightest look or move can be a problem. So the cop got permission to search the car, found the soap bottle, and tested it. All I can say is, Dan Balles was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and it seems as though me might want to consider changing soap brands.

1 comment:

Eric B said...

I cannot see how Balles can be incriminated for such a crime. He was carrying soap, like he's really gonna date rape someone with a bar of soap! I hope that he is found innocent and the soap brand changes its formula. I am definately interested in finding out what happens...