Sunday, May 20, 2007

Classmates Blog

I was just reading through my Classmate's blog and his article on May 14th about the Virginia Tech article was very interesting to me. The blog talks about how long it took Virginia Tech to notify their students about the shootings that had occured on campus. This was a major concern of mine also when I first learned about the shootings because this could be a potential problem on any campus, and this problem could take many more lives then there needed to be taken. Had Virignia Tech come up with a emergency plan for a situation like that they might have been able to warn more of the students about the first shooting and stopped them from attending classes later on in the day. This worries me because unfortunately school shootings are more common then I would like them to be and I would hope that schools would have a plan of action to take in case. Being at the University of Delaware, I would like to know if the school has a plan of action in case of a tragedy like Virginia Tech went through.

1 comment:

Feliciano said...

Oh no! It's best if they were notified online. It's the fastest way, and you know these students are connected most of the time. This should serve as a warning to be more careful next time.

Felciano Guarracino