Tuesday, March 20, 2007

VALS survey

So last week we were talking about Primary research methods that can be used for data collection. One of the survey topics that was mentioned was the VALS survey. When I was on the class website I found a link to a website where I could take the survey so I decided to take it and do a little research on the survey. The VALS survey places consumers into one of eight categories based on the responses they give to the survey. The categories are innovator, thinker, achiever, experiencer, believer, striver, maker, and survivor. When I took the VALS survey i was classified as a Striver as my primary motivation and experiencer are my second. I was interested in what each of these meant so I decided to look that up also. a Striver is someone who is fashionable and trendy, which I never would normally categorize myself as, and they love shopping as a social activity and as the ability to show friends they have good taste. I guess the VALS survey doesn't lie althought I normally wouldn't classify myself that way. An experiencer is motivated by self experession and are open to new possiblities and are excited about them. Experiencers are avid consumersand spend alot of money on fashion, entertainment, and socializing. That sounds a bit more like me.

No comments: